Friday, October 26, 2012

True persistence

He is one of my favourites. We texted for a few days, when I thought he seemed pretty normal. Then some of these conversations happened:

OkCupidStud: So do you remember that I'm 5'6"?
Me: Ummm...no, I didn't.
OkCupidStud: Ok, just making sure you're ok with it.

Me: I hate the rain in NYC. Everything is just so miserable.
OkCupidStud: Yes, but it's different when you're enjoying it in someone's arms. I think of it as nature's symphony.

That is the exact moment I stopped texting him. The next day, I got a "Haven't heard from you in a while. Are you ok? I'm concerned.." text from him. And then, about a month later, these:




And then, as if nothing happened, 2 months later:


And 4 days later:


By far the most persistent one I've gotten.

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW RUTHIE...

    yes guys do have hearts too, what was his crime? Just being cheesy? !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no offence but you could have at least told him straight up that you weren't interested anymore. and you're being presumptuous and judgmental in thinking these people are trying to be creepy before you even know them.
    I know some of them ARE being creepy, but some are just genuinely a bit awkward with this stuff.

    ReplyDelete